From cleaning out rain gutters to fixing plumbing leaks, maintenance is a critical aspect of homeownership. Protecting the investment you’ve made in your home is particularly important when it comes to heating and cooling. Central Kentucky’s changeable weather means you need to be prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws your way. Stivers HVAC maintenance helps keep everyone comfortable, and it can add extra value to your wallet too.
All About Energy Efficiency
Around 43-percent of home utility bills in the Lexington area go towards heating and cooling. Anything you can do to increase the efficiency of your HVAC systems decreases your costs. There are a few energy-saving jobs you can easily tackle on your own:
- Check the air filter every month and change it whenever it’s dirty. Replacing dirty filters with clean ones can lower energy use by up to 15 percent.
- Keep the area around outdoor HVAC units free of leaves and other debris. Prune back plants to provide a clear perimeter around the equipment.
- Make sure that vents and grilles aren’t blocked by furniture, drapes or carpets. Dust them regularly to keep the air flowing.
Professional HVAC Maintenance
For optimal energy savings, nothing beats a professional tune-up from Stivers HVAC. Our service technicians are skilled at performing all the maintenance tasks required to maximize efficiency:
- We calibrate thermostat settings and operational controls to reduce energy waste and enhance your comfort.
- We check components for refrigerant leaks and loose connections that force HVAC systems to run overtime.
- We lubricate moving parts and inspect all wiring to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- We run pressure tests to verify that the ductwork delivers an even flow of air to each living space.
Well-operating HVAC systems help protect the value of your home and safeguard your family’s comfort. Enroll in a maintenance plan from Stivers HVAC, and you can count on enjoying lower energy bills as well. To learn more about the benefits of HVAC maintenance, call us today at 859-226-0809.